Written by Menswear Style
25th April 2022
/ Men’s Smart Casual Fashion Tips and Trends for 2022
The year is 2022, which means that the concept of gendering tops and bottoms is long gone. Fashion trends, in general, may be worn by anybody who likes what is being worn. Menswear trends, on the other hand, are often based on bigger themes, making them more generally accessible while yet leaving opportunity for individual interpretation. If you look at Prada’s Fall/Winter 2022 runway show, for example, there are several ways to combine the strong sculpted shoulders that were featured. This year, the smart casual dress code for men is as follows: It is a blend of business style clothes with a relaxed style, which is known as smart casual attire. Read on to adopt this clean, uncomplicated, and fashionable dress code.
What is the definition of Smart Casual for Men?
Keep in mind the following while dressed for a smart casual event: clean and tidy, but not too formal. That is, dark or neutral-coloured bottoms, whether in the shape of chinos or trousers – dark jeans are also fine as long as they are not torn or stained – are required for this occasion. Formal clothing such as shirts, polos, and plain T-shirts are the ideal combination of casual apparel that may be worn with a more conservative appearance. Dress it up with a pair of leather shoes or keep it casual with a pair of sneakers. Consider pieces from this Prada selection when creating new sophisticated casual ensembles.
When Should You Dress in Smart Casual?
You may wear a smart casual style in a variety of situations, but you’ll most often wear it to a professional function where you’ll need to look professional. An example of this might be a business event, after-work cocktails, a first date, or the workplace. This dress code is appropriate for an event when you are expected to dress neatly and professionally, but you are not needed to go beyond or be too restrained.
Men’s Fashion Trends for 2022 that may be worn in a smart casual setting:
– The maritime theme was seen at many presentations this season; for example, anchor-covered sweaters and nautical tops and shorts were among the highlights.
– The colours of dusty rose, Dijon mustard and periwinkle may make for a beautiful colour combination this season, as can be seen in the Prada collection.
– For the previous two winters, the practical puffer jacket has been seen everywhere, and according to the men’s runway presentations, we may expect to see even more puffy outerwear this year.
– A new generation of quilted fabrics is gaining in popularity, thanks to a look that is centered on outdoor utility while simultaneously exuding business casual vibes.
– In addition to quickly adding authority to your profile, a dramatic structured shoulder is an excellent shape to wear when you need a small boost of confidence before a business-related occasion. Strong-shouldered coats and sweaters were on runways, which included a range of fabrics and colours.